- Each student will represent a single country from one the following areas (one area per student):
- Central America, Caribbean, or South America
- Middle East
- Southern or Eastern Europe
- Oceania (excluding Australia and New Zealand)
- East or South Asia
(*Please verify that you have chosen the appropriate country by going to the following link for United Nations Country Listings: http://unstats.un.org/unsd/methods/m49/m49regin.htm)
- Each student will provide a one- to two-page list of â€˜Doâ€™s and Donâ€™tâ€™sâ€™ (Codes of Cultural Behavior) for tourists visiting his/her representative/host country, including: (20 points)
- Five major cultural â€˜Doâ€™sâ€™ for tourists (10 points)
- Five major cultural â€˜Donâ€™tsâ€™ for tourists (10 points)
- Each student will provide APA-style citations within the text whenever applicable and compile a list of APA-style references (reference page) for all resources used in his/her write- up (1 point)
- On the â€˜Making Acquaintances: Doâ€™s and Donâ€™tâ€™sâ€™ discussion board, each student will post his/her list of â€˜Doâ€™s and Donâ€™tâ€™sâ€™ for the representative country in a single document, for others in the class to read, by the Submit â€˜Making Acquaintances: Doâ€™s and Donâ€™tâ€™sâ€™ due date, September 24, 2019. If a student does not respond by the due date, then he/she is not eligible for the 20 points.
- Each student is required to read the submission of one other student and reply to his/her posting on or before the Submit Reply to â€˜Making Acquaintances: Doâ€™s and Donâ€™tâ€™sâ€™ due date, October 1, 2019. Studentsâ€™ responses to the postings should consist of complete sentences. If a student does not respond by the due date, then he/she is not eligible for the 4 points. In the posting, each student is required to identify the following: (4 points)
- One potential positive cultural interaction between his/her country and the other country (2 points)
- One potential negative cultural interaction between his/her country and the other country (2 points)
NOTE: If the write-up is not based on a country specified in Item 1, the student will receive zero points for this assignment. Each student is required to save his/her work electronically for future use, as this section will be used to build-upon upcoming assignments.