This assignment provides you with an opportunity to analyze a real-world, peer-reviewed psychology journal article. You should find an article containing research that examines motivation, emotion, and social psychology.
Begin by visiting the CSU Online Library to locate and choose a journal article in which motivation and emotion are viewed under the lens of social psychology. The article must be peer-reviewed and should be no older than 7 years.
A good place to start your search is the PsycARTICLES database or the Academic Search Complete database. You can access these databases from the Databases box on the library homepage.
Once you have chosen your article, you will write an article critique that addresses the following elements.
- Explain the research methodology that was used in the study.
- Discuss social factors that influence people or groups to conform to the actions of others.
- Indicate how behaviors and motivation are impacted by the presence of others.
- Indicate the structures of the brain that are involved in emotion and motivation.
- Examine the articleâ€™s generalizability to various areas of psychology.
In addition, your article critique should clearly identify the articleâ€™s premise and present an insightful and thorough analysis with strong arguments and evidence. You should present your own informed and substantiated opinion on the articleâ€™s content. You must use at least one source in addition to your chosen article to support your analysis and opinion.
Your article critique must be a minimum of two pages in length, not including the title and reference pages. All sources used must be properly cited. Your article critique, including all references, must be formatted in APA style.
You may view the following CSU Writing Center tutorial Article Critiques for assistance in writing an article critique.
The following resource(s) may help you with this assignment.