The process of employee development directly follows a successful recruiting and interviewing process that brings the right individuals to the right roles within an organization. Employee development connects the initial training of the employee with ongoing performance management in order to attain a positive evaluation of the employee’s performance. In this assignment, you will explore the relationships among the components of employee development.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
- Include four scholarly resources other than those in the assigned readings with appropriate references and in-text citations.
- Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide. An abstract is not required.
Write a paper (1,500 -2,000 words) that describes the relationships among the components of employee development. Do the following in your paper:
- Differentiate between performance management and performance appraisal.
- Describe how initial training influences the amount and type of performance management.
- Describe how initial training and performance management relate to performance evaluation.
- Referring to the position you created in the first assignment, choose a performance appraisal method to use for the job. Why is that one effective?