the assignment 23 A+ Writers | apluswriters.net
By learning more about the complex interactions that contribute to problems or issues in society, you can better understand your role in creating positive social change. For this assignment, you will explore and research a complex social problem using your sociological imagination.
To prepare for this Final Essay:
- Be sure to complete all the Interactive Units before writing the essay. Consider the ways that social institutions contribute to the formation of societyâ€™s values. For example, how is the social institution that you selected portrayed in the media? What current problems or issues is the institution facing?
- Create a list of the possible social problems that you could explore in your final essay. You might want to do some brainstorming on the topic by listing the institution and the number of ways that it contributes to the transmission of societyâ€™s values. Describe both your selected institution and the social problem that you would like to address.
- Use the feedback that you received on your Rough Draft Essay Worksheet to inform your construction of this Final Essay.
Compose a 3- to 5-page essay in which you:
- Describe the theoretical perspective (functionalist, conflict, or interactionist) to which you relate the most and why.
- Briefly describe how the social institution (e.g., family, religion, education, or government) you selected in the Rough Draft Essay Worksheet Assignment and briefly describe how this social institution contributes to the transmission of societyâ€™s values.
- Identify and state a problem or issue related to that social institution, and use at least one theoretical perspective to describe the social problem.
- Conduct research to learn more about the problem. Use the information that you find to create evidence to explore the social institution and social problem in the context of a changing society.
- Describe at least one recommendation that you would make to the social institution to encourage positive social change. How could the social problem be better addressed?
Refer to at least two specific examples from the Interactive Units or Required Resources. Be sure to use evidence to support your claims by citing your source. An example of an acceptable citation: â€œAccording to the Culture Module of Interactive Unit 2.â€ Please include an APA Style cover page and reference page (these do not count toward the length requirement).
PLACE YOUR ORDER NOW