sec filings and the edgar database 2 A+ Writers | apluswriters.net
In a three- to five-page paper (not including the title and reference pages) research and discuss how the SECâ€™s EDGAR | Search Tools improves how investors find and use financial information. In your paper,
- Explain how investors can use the Securities and Exchange Commissionâ€™s (SEC) database at EDGAR | Search Tools (Links to an external site.) to research a companyâ€™s operations and financial information.
- Assess the financial performance of Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN) by determining the risk of investing in the company through financial statement analysis. To make the above assessment and determination, go to Amazonâ€™s.com (Links to an external site.) official website, and locate the companyâ€™s Investor Relations link. Using the Investors Relations link, find financial information such as SEC Filings and Annual Reports.
- Conclude how investors can assess Amazonâ€™s.com financial performance and risk using Annual Reports.
- Explain the content of each report listed below in detail and how it relates to your assessment of Amazonâ€™s.com financial performance.
- Form 10-K SEC filings
- Annual Reports
- Management Discussion and Analysis
- Managementâ€™s Responsibility for Financial Reporting
- Managementâ€™s Report on Internal Control over Financial Reporting
- Auditorsâ€™ Report
- Selected Financial Data
Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN) is the worldâ€™s largest electronic commerce and cloud computing company measured by revenue and market capitalization. The following items were adapted from a recent Annual Report of Amazon.com (Links to an external site.) for the year ending December 31:
1. Accounts payable
2. Accounts receivable
4. Cost of sales
5. Income tax expense
6. Interest expense
8. Net cash provided by operating activities
9. Net cash flows used for investing activities
10. Net sales
11. Other expense
12. Other income
13. Property, plant, and other long-term assets
14. Selling, general, and administrative expenses
15. Retained earnings (Dec. 31)
- Indicate on which financial statement you would find each of the preceding items using the following notations (note: an item may appear on more than one statement):
- IS Income statement
- SE Statement of stockholdersâ€™ equity
- BS Balance sheet
- SCF Statement of cash flow
- Prepare an income statement for the year ending December 31, based on the com, Inc. financial statement data shown above.
The Final Paper: SEC Filings and the EDGAR Database
- Must be three to five double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Centerâ€™s APA Style (Links to an external site.)
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Studentâ€™s name
- Course name and number
- Instructorâ€™s name
- Date submitted
For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Word 2013 (Links to an external site.).
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice (Links to an external site.) resource for additional guidance.
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
- For assistance on writing Introductions & Conclusions (Links to an external site.) as well as Writing a Thesis Statement (Links to an external site.), refer to the Ashford Writing Center resources.
- Must add an APA heading (Level 1 or Level 2) for each one of the topics discussed in the research paper as shown:
- SEC EDGAR Database Level 1Amazonâ€™s.com financial performance Level 1
- Form 10-K SEC Filings Level 2
- Annual Reports Level 2
- Management Discussion and Analysis Level 2
- Managementâ€™s Responsibility for Financial Reporting Level 2
- Managementâ€™s Report on Internal Control over Financial Reporting Level 2
- Auditorsâ€™ Report Level 2
- Selected Financial Data Level 2
- Financial Statement Notations (IS, SE, BS, SCF) Level 1Amazonâ€™s.com Income Statement Level 1
PLACE YOUR ORDER NOW