Review the Capsim Mini-Case Study entitled â€œR&D.â€ (Important: Always click the Capsim button to access Capsim). To access Capsim case studies, click â€œeText and Casesâ€ from the left navigation menu, as shown below:
Your Capsim company makes electronic sensors. You are fortunate because you have information on your customersâ€™ performance requirements and how they may shift with time. Not many companies have that advantage. Address the following in your paper:
- Explain how your team has used research and development (R&D) to avoid creating a product too far ahead of its time, or a product that lags behind market requirements.
- Explain why your team chose either a single product strategy or a multiple product offering.
- How could a balanced scorecard-style dashboard be used to benefit your R&D team and company leadership?
- What lessons have you learned from your Capsim experience that would allow you to more effectively use R&D in the future?
Your paper should meet the following requirements:
- Be 5-6 pages in length, excluding the title and references pages.
- Be formatted according to APA.