powerpoint assessment 3 A+ Writers | apluswriters.net
To receive credit you must complete the Competency Assessment.
Competency Assessment Directions
This Competency Assessment assesses the following learning competency:
CS204-3: Assess professional goals for present and future career marketability.
CS204 Competency Assessment Module Three:
You will create a PowerPoint presentation that outlines your career strategy.
A goal is a desired outcome of an endeavor. A strategy is the path one decides to achieve a goal. Tactics are specific actions taken to support the strategy.
The presentation will consist of nine slides. Seven slides (slides 2-8) require â€œspeaker notesâ€ of 250 or more words for each slide that explain the content of the corresponding slide. The title slide and reference slide do not require speaker notes. Your presentation must include at least one academic citation in APA format with corresponding reference. The following are required for each slide:
Slide 1: Cover page that includes assignment title, your name, course name, and date.
Slide 2: Introduction: Discuss who you are, your chosen professional field, and why you decided to pursue this career. Use bullet points on the slide for your main points. Utilize the notes section below the slide to compose your explanation of the slideâ€™s content.
Slide 3: Current Career Status: Discuss your current status in your chosen career. Explain prior experience or preparation and what you are currently doing to further your career. Utilize the notes section below the slide to compose your explanation of the slideâ€™s content.
Slide 4: Short-term Goals: List 2-3 short term professional goals developed utilizing the SMART goal method that will further your career. Short-term goals are goals that can be achieved within one year. Utilize the notes section below the slide to compose your explanation of the slideâ€™s content.
Slide 5: Short-term Strategy: List 4-5 specific actions you will take to support your short-term goals. Utilize the notes section below the slide to compose your explanation of the slideâ€™s content.
Slide 6: Long-term Goals: List 2-3 long-term professional goals developed utilizing the SMART goal method that will further your career. Long-term goals are goals that will require more than a year to achieve. Utilize the notes section below the slide to compose your explanation of the slideâ€™s content.
Slide 7: Long-term Strategy: List 4-5 specific actions you will take to support your long-term career goals. When discussing your strategy, be sure to include step to further your education and experience. Utilize the notes section below the slide to compose your explanation of the slideâ€™s content.
Slide 8: Future Marketability: Explain how your long term goals and strategy will support your future career marketability. Answer must go beyond educational goals and represent a synthesis of endeavors that will enhance your positioning in the future job market.
Slide 9: References Slide
- PowerPoint Presentation with seven slides
- Notes for the content slides (Slides 2 through 8) should include speaker notes below the slide in the PowerPoint speaker notes area.
- Brief points should be included on the slide.
- Detailed explanations for each point should be shared in the speaker notes of the slide with at least 250 words each slide.
- Information should be organized clearly throughout the presentation.
- Identify the source of any pictures you use.
- Support from outside source material should be included in the presentation.
Save the PowerPoint in .ppt format and submit it into the Competency Assessment Dropbox. When you are ready to submit it, go to the Dropbox and complete the steps below:
- Click the link that says Competency Assessment Dropbox
- Click the Add Attachments button
- Follow the directions listed to upload your document
- To view your graded work, come back to the Dropbox or go to the Gradebook after your instructor has evaluated it
Make sure you save a copy of your assignment.
Minimum Submission Requirements
If work submitted for this competency assessment does not meet the minimum submission requirements, you will earn a score of 0%.
- PowerPoint Presentation with nine slides
- Slides 2-8 should include detailed speaker notes (see requirements above for length requirements).
- Bulleted points on each slide should include brief points that identify the areas that will be addressed in the speaker notes.
- Assignment should follow APA formatting guidelines which includes in-text citations in the body of the presentation and a reference slide.
Use the PowerPoint template provided and submit your file to the Assignment Dropbox.
Plagiarism is an act of academic dishonesty. It violates the University Honor Code, and the offense is subject to disciplinary action. You are expected to be the sole author of your work. Use of another person’s work or ideas must be accompanied by specific citations and references. Whether the action is intentional or not, it still constitutes plagiarism.
For more information on the universityâ€™s plagiarism policy, refer to the current University Catalog.
PLACE YOUR ORDER NOW