Organizational Behavior Challenges in Delivering Quality Healthcare
Final Assignment -PowerPoint Presentation
Final Project -PowerPoint Presentation [200 points]
In this project you are going to address a real organizational change or challenge that has occurred or will occur. Imagine you are the Chief Nursing Officer (CNO) in charge of this project and you will draw on your knowledge of organizational theory and behavior for implementing this change. Your presentation will address the issues and challenges you expect to face during this change.
Your Unit 9 Assignment is a PowerPoint presentation of a Change Proposal. Your presentation should be a minimum of 20-25 slides. You need to attach your reference list to the final slide. A minimum of six current references are required. You will submit your PowerPoint presentation to the Dropbox by the date required.
As part of the Unit 10 Discussion, you will submit the same PowerPoint Presentation to Doc Sharing. (Please review the process of adding documents to Doc Sharing under Student Resources). In order to receive credit for Discussion Topic 1 in Unit 10, you will provide constructive feedback for two of your fellow classmatesâ€™ PowerPoint Change Proposals.
Your project should include a description of the following:
- Some examples of the topics for change proposals may include:
- Purchase and integration of an electronic health record system
- Merging of two or more healthcare organizations
- Redistribution of leadership because of downsizing of employees
- Drastic cost control in a healthcare organization because of a reduction in reimbursement rates
- The nature of the project and your role as a nurse leader in this system-level change
- The challenges and opportunities involved in the project
- The timeline for your plan, design, implementation, and evaluation of the project
- The leadership strategies you select for involving staff in the change
- What type of power was used to manage this change and why was this type of power selected for this project
- Three actual or potential barriers to the project and your strategy to overcome them
- Three leadership strategies when things may not go according to plan
- Four to five resources that you will need to effectively plan and implement this system-level change. Examples of resources can include support from stakeholders needed for plan success (be specific), financial resources, equipment, protocol changes, educational resources, etc.
Before finalizing your work, you should:
- be sure to read the Assignment description carefully (as displayed above)
- consult the Grading Rubric (under the Course Home) to make sure you have included everything necessary;
- run spelling and grammar check to minimize errors; and
- review APA formatting at the Writing Center, online, or elsewhere in the course. Your Assignment should:
- follow the conventions of Standard American English (correct grammar, punctuation,etc.);
- be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original andinsightful;
- display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics; and
- use APA 6th edition format for organization, style, and crediting sources.
- Submit your PowerPoint Presentation to the Dropbox before midnight on the last day of Unit 9.
- Upload your PowerPoint Presentation to the Student Presentation Folder in Doc Sharing as your initial Discussion Topic post for Discussion Topic 1 in Unit 10 before midnight on the Saturday of Unit 10.
To view the Grading Rubric for this Assignment, please visit the Grading Rubrics section of the Course Resources.
Due: submit to the unit Dropbox before midnight, on the last day of the unit (Day 7).
How to Submit
Submit your Assignment to the unit Dropbox before midnight on the last day of the unit.
When you are ready to submit your Assignment, select the unit dropbox then attach your file. Make sure to save a copy of the Assignment you submit.