Textbook: Summers, N. (2015). Fundamentals of case management practice – Skills for the human services, (5th ed.). Cengage: Belmont California. ISBN: 9781305525375
One of the objectives of this assignment is to examine the ethical value systems that are basic to the health and human service fields. We all have our own unique set of values that we bring to any situation. Understanding how your values might impact an interaction is an important part of being a good case manager.
In Chapter 2 (Page 42), there is a self-assessment exercise. I would like for you to complete this assessment. Once the assessment has been completed, write a 500-750 word paper about your experience:
- Provide some discussion of the results as well as some reflection about what you learned from your results, and how you think this might impact your ability to work with clients in the Human Services field.
- Discuss your own value conflicts and how you would compensate for those conflicts in order to motivate people to use their individual rights as a client.
- Cite and reference at least 2 scholarly sources other than the textbook to support your discussions.
- Use Microsoft Word, and include a title page with proper headers and page numbers.
- Note: Typically, in the HSA program students are asked to write in 3rd person. However, in this assignment I am asking you to share your own personal experiences. You may use first person in this assignment when referring to your experiences. When discussing the literature that supports your decisions, you will need to use third person. Also, you should cite paraphrased information that was obtained from another source.