For this unitâ€™s assignment, you will choose and research one of the following companies for your marketing plan:
After choosing one of the aforementioned companies, you will research, analyze, and create the marketing plan sections described below for your company of choice.
- Situation Analysis: Using the sections below, analyze the competitive market, the companyâ€™s targeted market segments, and how your companyâ€™s capabilities stack up to the competition.
- Market Summary: Describe, in detail, the target market segments by determining their segment size, segment needs, segment growth, and segment trends. Using more detail to describe these market segments will prove to be beneficial as a basis for the marketing strategies and tactical programs presented later in your marketing plan.
- SWOT Analysis: Include the sections described below.
- Strengths: In this section, list and describe your companyâ€™s internal physical and financial capabilities that can enable it to reach its stated objectives.
- Weaknesses: In this section, list the internal elements that may prevent or slow your company’s ability to achieve its stated objectives.
- Opportunities: In this section, list the external and potentially profitable areas in which your company may find an interest in which to target, engage, and perform.
- Threats: In this section, list the external and potentially unfavorable trials that can negatively affect your companyâ€™s business model and competitiveness.
- Competition: List your companyâ€™s main competitors, and describe what positions they occupy in the market in which your company wishes to compete. Also, this section is where you should provide a summary of the competitorsâ€™ strategies.
- Product Offerings: Review the companyâ€™s products or product lines, and identify their main features.
- Distribution: Describe and provide an overview of each of your companyâ€™s product distribution channels.
Your assignment will be a minimum of three pages in length. Ensure that you introduce the company you have chosen, and identify each section with a heading in your assignment. You should reference at least three sources to support this section of your marketing plan. As aforementioned, your sources should be from the CSU Online Library, but you may also include outside sources as well. All sources used, including the textbook, must be referenced and follow APA formatting, and quoted or paraphrased material must have accompanying in-text citations.