Ford is a well-known U.S. company that markets its products internationally. The companyâ€™s international strategy involves manufacturing these products in 40 plants located around the world. Fordâ€™s international strategy is discussed in Case Study 18 in Crafting & executing strategy: The quest for competitive advantage: Concepts and cases.
In a three- to four-page paper, analyze the following:
- Analyze why the company has chosen to pursue a foreign subsidiary strategy
- Analyze the strategic advantages to global sourcing and production in the automobile industry relative to an export strategy
- Compare and contrast Fordâ€™s strategy to one of its competitors.
The length and formatting requirements include:
- Three to four pages in length, not including cover and reference pages. Include a cover page, section headers, an introduction, a conclusion, and a reference page.
- Formatted according to APA.
- Cite a minimum of three sources, two of which should be academic peer-reviewed scholarly sources to support your positions, claims, and observations, in addition to your textbook.