health and medical 61 A+ Writers | apluswriters.net
As a manager of a small, solo physician office clinic, the physician presents a concern that was brought up by a patient. The hospital that the physician is affiliated with recently purged the medical records department in preparation for a computer upgrade, and the patient found a dumpster out back with patientâ€™s full medical records sitting in the open, available for anyone to see. The patient is concerned as they have records in the hospital, as well as other family members having records in the hospital.
For this weekâ€™s assignment:
- Create a response to the patient detailing the expectations for records maintained and proper destruction in laymanâ€™s terms so that the patient understands the process and requirements.
- Outline a plan of action that will be taken by the physician and office manager to address this situation with the hospital, detailing the requirements established by CMS and the state health department.
- Create a public release for the patient population to provide notification of the situation and how it will be rectified.
Please review the rubric to ensure that your assignment meets criteria.
- Response about record maintenance and proper destruction
- Outline of plan of action
- Public Release
PLACE YOUR ORDER NOW