ece 355 week 4 journal A+ Writers | apluswriters.net
Developing a Strong Resume
Many people fear the resume writing process. Part of that fear stems from the fact that some people do not believe their experience is extensive enough or valuable. Fear no more! The work you have done and will continue to do is both meaningful and useful. Resume building can be fun and engaging if you believe that you are ready to meet the challenge and engage in the next professional step in your life.
Creating a strong resume is a crucial component in any successful job search. Your resume serves as your personal marketing document and your first impression to prospective employers. To create a strong resume, you must first identify the message you want the reader to receive and determine the skills and qualifications you would like to highlight on your resume. What you highlight is generally based on the position to which you would like to apply.
For this journal, you will submit two documents. First, create a resume using the free resource listed below or with a resume building program of your choice. Next, submit a journal in which you reflect on your own career goals and the ways you plan to utilize the degree you are currently pursuing. Be sure to share any remaining concerns you may have about the resume writing process.
To prepare for your journal:
- Review the Ashford career resources website Resume, CV, and Cover Letter Development (Links to an external site.).
- Create your resume by using a Microsoft Word template (or the software of your choice). Open a new Word document, type â€˜resumeâ€™ in the template search box, and use one of the templates provided.
In this journal
- Reflect on your ideal position and list your career goals.
- Identify three to five key skills or qualifications that make you a strong candidate for this career.
- Discuss any remaining fears you may have about the resume writing process and/or job-related experience.
- Submit both the resume and the journal to Waypoint.
PLACE YOUR ORDER NOW