For this case analysis, you will assume the role of a manager for a small company.
You have been tasked with a project that involves designing and implementing a database for the companyâ€™s managers to assist with business decision making.
This case analysis is comprised of the following parts:
- Part I: Database Design and Context
- What is a database?
- What are the uses of databases?
- Part II: Entity Relationships Diagrams (ERD)
- What is an ERD?
- How would you develop a database using an ERD?
- Show an ERD for your small company.
- Part III: Creating a Database
- Using the ERD you developed, create a database (use MS-Excel) with a MINIMUM of SIX records (aka tuples) in rows and SIX fields (aka attributes) in columns.
- Database MUST show the use of at least ONE Pivot Table (included as an MS-Excel tab) to demonstrate functionality.
Submit a written paper of between 750 to 1,000 words. Provide sufficient details for the paper to be readily understood.
NOTE: As stated earlier, APA format is REQUIRED. This includes a MINIMUM of three academically acceptable references and the expectation of correctly used â€œin-textâ€ citations.