Assignment: Encryption and Hashing Algorithms: Tools and Commands
The CIA and FBI have been working as a joint task force to unearth the meaning behind a vast amount of intercepted digital communiquÃ© between two known operatives believed to be spies. They have recruited your company to assist with the decryption of these messages.
Write a paper in which you answer the following:
Before you start on this mission, both national organizations want to verify your ability to identify hash and encryptions standards. Answer the following questions, providing specific details for each topic:
- Explain how to identify the type of hash, identifying a tool that can integrate with Linux and Windows so desktop users are able to verify hash values. Specify any online tools.
- Describe the difference between RSA and ECDSA encryption algorithms and name a well-known product that uses each type of encryption. Be sure to cite your references.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Here is a useful online resource to help with your tasked assignment from the FBI. Using the following link, decrypt the random messages and put them together into a useful missive. Identify the hash type and rearrange the messages in logical order to assemble the message.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Describe cryptology and its impact on cybercrime response.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in cybercrime techniques and response.
- Write clearly and concisely about topics related to cybercrime techniques and response using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.