csia 459 technology transfer research paper A+ Writers | apluswriters.net
Technology Transfer Research Paper
For this paper, you will research, analyze, and discuss the processes involved in helping technologies emerge from the R&D environment so that they can be incorporated into products and services which meet the needs of the cybersecurity industry. Your research should include: technology transfer processes and initiatives and funding sources, i.e. venture capital, government grants, etc. You should also address the technology development lifecycle and the role of funding availability at each of the lifecycle stages (See NIST GCR 02-841).
Begin your research by reading the Week 1 readings. Then, review the following documents and resources about technology transfer processes and initiatives. Continue your research by investigating the availability (or lack) of federal funding for innovations in the cybersecurity area.
- What is a technology?
- Between Invention and Innovation: An Analysis of Funding for Early-Stage Technology Development (NIST GCR 02â€“841)
https://www.nist.gov/system/files/documents/2017/05/09/gcr02-841.pdf (you must use this exact version)
- What is technology transfer? https://www.doi.gov/techtransfer
- Technology Transfer @ DHS
Next, research the role that private funding (venture capital) plays in providing money and resources to innovators who are developing cybersecurity technologies and products. How does the availability of venture capital impact the development of technology? How do venture capitalists influence the emergence or death of technology developments? Provide specific examples from your research.
Your research is to be incorporated into a 3 to 5 page written summary of the technology transfer process and associated funding issues. Your report is to be submitted as an MS Word attachment to the Technology Transfer Research Paper entry in your assignments folder. See the sample paper and paper template provided in Content > Course Documents > APA Resources.
- Consult the grading rubric for specific content and formatting requirements for this assignment.
- Your 3-5 page research paper should be professional in appearance with consistent use of fonts, font sizes, margins, etc. You should use headings and page breaks to organize your paper.
- Your paper should use standard terms and definitions for cybersecurity.
- The CSIA program recommends that you follow standard APA formatting since this will give you a document that meets the â€œprofessional appearanceâ€ requirements. APA formatting guidelines and examples are found under Course Resources > APA Resources. An APA template file (MS Word format) has also been provided for your use CSIA_Basic_Paper_Template(APA_6ed,DEC2018).docx.
- You must include a cover page with the assignment title, your name, and the due date. Your reference list must be on a separate page at the end of your file. These pages do not count towards the assignmentâ€™s page count.
- You are expected to write grammatically correct English in every assignment that you submit for grading. Do not turn in any work without (a) using spell check, (b) using grammar check, (c) verifying that your punctuation is correct and (d) reviewing your work for correct word usage and correctly structured sentences and paragraphs.
- You are expected to credit your sources using in-text citations and reference list entries. Both your citations and your reference list entries must follow a consistent and professional citation style (APA, MLA, etc.).
PLACE YOUR ORDER NOW