analyze the mortgage securities market the problems experienced beginning in 2006 A+ Writers | apluswriters.net
The purpose of this eight- to ten-page Final Paper is to fully analyze the mortgage securities market, the problems experienced beginning in 2006, and to offer recommendations to prevent those types of problems from recurring. At a minimum, you must address the following in your analysis:
- Describe the mortgage securities market and how this market functions.
- Examine the reasons why so many subprime mortgages were created from 2000 to 2006, and how those subprime mortgages were re-sold in the secondary securities market.
- Analyze the driving forces that caused the problems experienced by the mortgage securities market since 2006.
- Analyze the changes that have been instituted since 2009 to prevent a recurrence of the problems experienced in the mortgage securities market beginning in 2006, and whether the changes have been effective in preventing those problems from recurring.
- Develop recommendations that would protect against the types of problems experienced in the mortgage securities market from 2006Â¬-2009.
Writing the Final Paper:
- Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.).
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Studentâ€™s name
- Course name and number
- Instructorâ€™s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis and includes an overview of the research conceptualization and a self-reflection.
- Must use at least five scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
According to the assignment, you must submit a paper AT LEAST 8 to 10 pages long that analyzes a real estate topic of your choice. Refer to the assignment for details.
Cite your textbook plus at least 5 other scholarly sources (total of 6) to earn full credit. Textbook citations must include page numbers as I will be verifying the accuracy of your citations. ALL citations must be listed on the references page, and ALL references must be cited in the paper.
Following is a suggested order of content. Be sure to include headings for each topic (except the introduction does not need a heading).
- Introduction (overview and Thesis Statement)
- Mortgage Securities Market
- Subprime Mortgages
- Driving Forces Causing Market Meltdown
- Changes Instituted since 2009
- Recommendations to Prevent Future Problems
- Conclusion (summary and re-statement of the Thesis)
If you follow the natural progression of topics, they flows organically from the mortgage securities market (big picture), to the subprime market (zoning in), the problems caused by it, the changes (solutions) instituted as a result, and then your recommendations.
Refer to the grading rubric at:
https://ashford.waypointoutcomes.com/assessment/4998/preview (Links to an external site.)
Don’t wait â€” get started today and schedule at least 2 hours per day to work on your report. Then, you wonâ€™t be stressed at the last minute. This also gives you time to work with the Ashford writing center and ensure you submit a high-quality paper.
In MicrosoftÂ® WordÂ®, enter all your sources into the References tool under â€œManage Sourcesâ€. This allows you to insert citations and add a bibliography at the end automatically. Itâ€™s so simple! Hereâ€™s a brief video that demonstrates how:
Microsoft Word 2010 Creating a References and Works Cited Page:
Because grammar, spelling, and mechanics are crucial in this report, get an early start. This gives you time to run the spell check and the grammar check after you correct it with Grammarly. You can also submit your paper to the Ashford writing center to receive suggestions before finalizing it. Finally, remember to read your paper OUT LOUD and correct any errors before submitting.
Here is a video playlist I carefully curated to answer some of your questions and refresh your skills:
Brueggeman, W.B., & Fisher, J.D. (2011). Real estate finance and investments (14th ed.). McGraw-Hill Irwin. ISBN: 9780073377339
- Chapter Ninteen
- Chapter Twenty
- Chapter Twenty One
- Chapter Twenty Two
Below, D.B., Kiely, J.K., & McIntosh, W. (1996). REIT pricing efficiency; Should investors still be concerned? The Journal of Real Estate Research, 12(3), 397-412.
PLACE YOUR ORDER NOW