350 words assignment chose to one that need to write 350 words A+ Writers | apluswriters.net
Family Engagement Reflection: Assignment Guidelines
Our original assignment, the Community Outreach Day, was designed to give students an opportunity to engage with families and young children by carrying out an activity for young children. Instead, for this updated assignment, all students will learn about and reflect upon family engagement practices implemented in an existing program.
Students will view and respond to a video (7 minutes) highlighting how the Family, Infant, and Preschool Program (FIPP) in Morganton, NC engages families of children enrolled in their early childhood program. The video is part of the â€œBest Practices in Family and Community Engagement Video Series,â€ designed to support Early Education programsâ€™ efforts in family engagement. The perspectives in the video are rooted in the Office of Head Start (OHS) Parent, Family, and Community Engagement (PFCE) Framework, and highlight examples of innovative approaches to engagement that foster strong relationships with families and lead to positive outcomes for children and families.
View the video: Learning in Partnership: Using Data and Reflective Practice in Programs (Links to an external site.) (https://eclkc.ohs.acf.hhs.gov/video/learning-partnership-using-data-reflective-practice-programs)
Based on the video, address two reflection questions in your response:
- Question 1. Describe one strategy that the FIPP program uses to engage families. How do you think it supports better outcomes for families? You might consider strategies such as collecting and using data; using a primary coach; reflective practice among staff.
- Choose one of these two options for Question 2 to respond to:
- Question 2 Option 1: Do you feel that you would be comfortable implementing the FIPPâ€™s family engagement practices (as described in the video) with families, in a future work setting? If so, how have your experiences prepared you for such a role? If not, what types of experiences might help you feel prepared to implement these practices?
- Question 2 Option 2: In what ways does the FIPPâ€™s approach to family engagement reflect some of the Strengths-Based Attitudes towards families that we discussed early in the semester? (i.e., All families have strengths; Families are the first and most important teachers of their children; Families are our partners with a critical role in their childâ€™s development; Families have expertise about their child and their family; Familiesâ€™ contributions are important and valuable.) What are your thoughts about the benefits and/or challenges of this approach?
Prepare and submit your response. Students have the option of submitting their responses in one of the following formats:
- 350-word write up (This word count includes your answers to both questions, combined. Submit a .doc, .docx, or .pdf file; no title page needed)
- 2-minute video of yourself, presenting your response to both questions
- 2-minute audio clip of yourself, presenting your response to both questions
- Do you have another idea for how to submit your assignment? Check with the instructor before the deadline to discuss it and get approval.
Submit your response to Canvas on or before the due date.
PLACE YOUR ORDER NOW