- Use the article and videos below on Stereotype Threat, as well as the various theories on intelligence to respond to the following questions:
- How can the research on stereotype threat help to explain some group differences in intelligence and achievement tests?
- Some researchers assert that relying solely on such tests for making hiring and college admission decisions is possibly unethical. Given some of the problems with IQ tests, do you agree? Why or why not?
2. Dr. Claude Steele and Stereotype Threat –Stereotype Threat: A Conversation with Claude Steele
3. Women, Math and Stereotype Threat –Women, math, and stereotype threat
2. Does language influence thought or does thought influence language? Can you think of examples of how language affects cognition?